Fitness Challenges' Journal|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 5 most recent journal entries recorded in
Fitness Challenges' LiveJournal:
|Friday, June 22nd, 2007|
Well, I now have a personal trainer. This morning I woke up stiff and sore. How is this related? I spent the last for days doing 2 - 1 hour sessions of strength training and 1 hour of Tae Bo. Guess what my friend, who is also a personal trainer said after he got done laughing so hard? If I want to loose weight strength training is not what I need to do. Why? Well, I am building muscle but not burning enough fat, thus I will look bigger and not shed pounds and quite possibly gain pounds. I new the last part that muscle weighs more than fat, that's why I am mostly going by measurements.
So he is coming over Monday for lunch and will show me what I have to do. I feel like such a goof. lol. I thought I was doing good. 3 hours a day of workouts when 2 months ago you would have been lucky to get me in a true work out for 5 minutes.
I guess it's really cool though that I can now officially say I have a personal trainer. Makes me feel special. haha.
In a nutshell, if you are wanting to loose weight, go with aerobics not strength training so put those dumbbells down.
|Thursday, June 21st, 2007|
Name of the challenge:
Loose 30lbs by Halloween 2007Start Date:
July 1, 2007End Date:
October 30, 2007Date to sign up by:
July 31,2007Explanation of challenge:
Just as the name of the challenge says, the goal is to loose 30lbs by Halloween 2007. Be sure to post weekly with your progress and what you are doing to reach that goal.
Name of the challenge:
Daily Water ChallengeDuration:
On GoingExplanation of challenge:
The challenge is to drink 10 cups of water a day. Sounds like a lot, but if you think about it we have a 16oz - 44oz drink in each glass, cup, or bottle. There are only 8oz in a cup. So for each drink we get we are already consuming an estimated 2 cups or more. Below are the rules for this challenge.RULES
1) MUST drink 10 cups (80 fluid ounces) of water a day. This does not include tea, coffee, or any other drink. Only straight up water...with or without ice - you choose.
2) Keep track of your water intake daily and post your progress on a weekly basis.Articles on Benefits of WaterWater: The Wild Card of Weight LossWater 101
If you are going to post a challenge, please follow these steps:
First, is to number your challenge. You would do so by first keeping up to date on what number of challenges we are on. You will place this in the Subject line of your post. For example, if the last challenge was "Challenge 19", you challenge would be titled "Challenge 20". I want to be able to keep up with and link challenges on the profile page.
Second, fill out a heading for the challenge. Name of the challenge:(Here you would name your challenge. For example, "Water Challenge" or "Lose 20 pounds by Halloween")Duration:(If you have an ongoing challenge such as not drinking soft drinks, put "On going". If it is an ongoing challenge with a time frame, put "On going. Every 21 days")End Date:(This is for challenges that have specific time goals, such as loose 20lbs by Halloween 2007. If you do not have an end date, you don't have to include this.)Date to sign up by:(Again, this is for challenges with a time frame. Using the "Lose 20 pounds by Halloween 2007" example, it is not feasible for someone to sign up say in October. Thus you will need to decide when the cut off date to join the challenge will be. REMEMBER: Professionals say that it is unhealthy to loose more that 2.5 pounds a week. So I would keep a 3lbs a week as a guideline to judging cut off dates)Explanation of challenge:(This is where you explain what your challenge is about and any rules that it may have.)
Third, the guidelines. Some of which I have already addressed above but here they are again.Challenge Guidelines
1) Follow the basic format.
2) Concerning weight loss, keep in mind that doctor's say it is not healthy to loose more than 2.5 pounds a week. When you set up a challenge that that into consideration. I personally round up to 3lbs and actually shoot for 4lbs. But each person is different and their health MUST come first.
3) Make sure your challenge is realistic. In other words, put some thought into.
4) Make sure your challenge is healthy. Granted, there are differences in opinions on what is healthy but surely we can all agree that eating high sugar foods are not good for you or that smoking is bad for you as well.
5) Challenges aren't just for weight loss. They are also for a healthy lifestyle change. So if you want to stop smoking and want to post a challenge on that, go for it.
6) If you are making a post to check in with your stats, be sure to put "Challenge 2 Check In" or something to that effect AND add a link to the challenge post.
Sounds simple enough, right? If you are still confused just watch how other challenges are done before posting on of your own and join in a challenge or two yourself. If still confused and have questions, just comment here.
First let me say welcome to the community! Over the next few weeks I will try to make this place look a bit better, so just bare with me.
Second, let me explain this community. This community is for those that want to lose weight and/or just want to stay fit. Here you will find various challenges to help keep you motivated. You are welcome to join in as many challenges as you want. But a word of warning, don't overwhelm yourself. You know yourself better than anyone, if you can handle and honestly stick with several challenges, go for it. If not, try just a couple at a time. I will post more about challenges, rules for challenges, etc. a bit later.
Thirdly, there are some basic rules. I know we all dread the rules but they are in place for a reason. So take a minute to read and understand them. If you don't follow the rules, this community doesn't have a 3 strikes your out policy. You get 1 warning and the 2nd time you are banned. BASIC RULES!!
1. Do not be disrespectful or ugly to other members of this community. We are supposed to be supportive of each other. Constructive criticism is good, but destructive criticism is bad. Just think of how you want to be treated.
2. Do not think that what works for you will work for all. We are all made differently and have dealt with different things in life that has gotten us to this point. Also, some people will have certain health issues that may prevent them from following what worked for you. So in a nutshell, share what works for you but don't be pushy.
3. This is not a community to sell products to consumers. Again, it is okay to share your story about a product or plan and where to find it, but don't push you sells. If you are just going to join to sell a product, think twice. You will be banned.
4. You must fill out an introduction and post it before you can participate. This will give other members a chance to get to know you and what you are here for. Feel free to post your entries as friends only if you don't want non-members seeing your posts.Name:Age:Location:Current Weight:Are you here for weight loss or just to stay fit:Any Goals You May Have:Tell us a bit about yourself: